Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Apple Day

 There have been two weeks of silence. Perhaps I have felt the silence more than you. At least I felt the sickness. A trip to the doctor always does that. 1 week planning and packing + 12 hrs. driving = at least one week of flu-like sickness. Despite these side affects the scenery was delightful (more on that another day), the doctor was helpful, and we came home encouraged. It was well worth it!
 
Today I am back up and doing, lingering lymph draining massage and travel side affects included. It is a beautiful if somewhat brisk day outside. The robins like the weather, too... not to mention our apples. And so we braved the malice of the robins and picked our winter apples.
 
(Maybe I can make up for my silence with many pictures??)
 
Maren had the high job - picking from the tractor's bucket.
 
Dad was expert-tractor-mover.
 
Mom had the job of cleaning up ugly windfalls.
 
Hannah picked apples from standing and crouching positions.
 
All separated damaged apples from the beauties. Boxes and boxes! Hannah and I counted one hundred and fifteen apples in one medium sized box.

Oh yeah. I helped, too.

We left a couple apples on the tree as a peace offering for our bird friends.
 

At the end of the day, we loaded up the garage with hundreds of perfectly ripe Haralred apples. I'm dreaming of baked apples with honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...