Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Waiting Room Redemption


Maren and I acted in a comedy yesterday. There were no cameras or audience. Only our own tickled funny bones saw the act.

A trip to town that was meant to give me a break from the world of treatment and sickness turned into quality time in three medical waiting rooms. 'I know there was a waiting room in the agenda, but three? And for two simple, everyday procedures?' At least we could've been asking these questions. Instead we had a good laugh... once we were in the car where no one would label us as crazy.

Our town experience reminded me in a small and light way of this verse:

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

That's redemption. If God can work three waiting rooms into a good time and plenty of hearty laughs, I certainly can trust Him to work the bigger, harder circumstances of life into something good. I wonder what redemption the Great Script Writer is working into my lines today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...