Tuesday, September 22, 2015

This time I will praise the Lord.



"Because the Lord has looked upon my affliction; for now my husband will love me... Because the Lord has heard that I am hated, He has given me this son also... Now this time my husband will be attached to me, because I have borne him three sons... This time I will praise the Lord."
Genesis 29:32-35 (emphasis mine)
 
I do not know Leah's heart attitude when she bore Judah, her fourth son, and praised the Lord. Her circumstances weren't different than after the births of her other sons. Her husband still didn't love her. Yet her words were drastically changed. She moved from "me, myself, and I" to "the Lord." A place of peace. A place of blessing. And God brought forth the Prince of Peace that ushered in blessing to all people from this baby's descendants.
 
What is my heart attitude in both the varied and unvaried circumstances of life? Am I praising the Lord? There dwells peace and blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...