Monday, October 26, 2015

Blocking


My to-do bag of unfinished handwork projects has been growing larger and larger over the last two years. While knitting has been just the thing for low energy levels, blocking (steaming to flatten and define the pattern) has not. Now at last I have had some perfect blocking days.


Among the stash in my bottomless bag were samples of patterns I designed. They will make happy bulletin board décor someday, I think.


Lace. Yes, I went a little crazy with it. Someday I will edge nine pillowcases with lace.



This scarf was one of my challenge projects.


Baby fern lace. I actually knit up this swatch several years ago. Until that point my most difficult knit projects had been dishcloths. This was my second, laborious piece of lace. My first even more laborious piece was torn out. These two pieces were my crash course in more complex patterns. Well worth the effort.


I crocheted this piece eleven years ago. The pattern was for a table runner two to three times wider, but I ran out of thread and interest/time. I'm sure it will come in handy somehow.

P.S. Stay tuned for wedding pictures... once we recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...