Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Monumental Birthdays

 
February 26th was Dorothy's fifty-seventh birthday. Each year with this "little girl" is a gift as she has so many challenges. She was a sleepy birthday girl (as usual) and had a bit of a cold (not usual).

 
Dorothy had fun anyway. Maren came home to celebrate!

 
The same day was Grandpa's 100th birthday. Grandma would have been ninety-seven on the same day.

 
On Sunday the family put on a party for Grandpa. Many friends and relatives came to celebrate. When asked if he ever thought he'd live this long, Grandpa quickly answered, "No." He has now quit saying every year that this could be his last. Instead he says, "You never know."
 
 
"...even to your old age I am He,
    and to gray hairs I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
    I will carry and will save."
Isaiah 46:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...