Friday, June 17, 2016

Adorable

Ironing has a way of piling up around here. It's not that it is a task we don't enjoy, rather ironing is one of those projects that can be sidelined for "more important" jobs.
 
For a long time I have been itching to pull out board and iron, and so last week a caved in. So far I have made it through all the hanging clothes... including a few shirts from last summer. Yikes! Next comes linens. A good sermon and audio book have kept me company through the hours so far. I can truly say that I have enjoyed every minute of this task.
 
 
Among the hanging clothes were dresses that Mom and her sister wore as very young things.

 
It was a joy to iron clothes that didn't melt - not even the lace on this slip. They sure don't make clothes like they used to.

 
The skirt of this slip had been let down once. There is one pleat remaining allowing room to grow a couple inches taller.

 
One button is the only way to get baby in.

 
I'm not sure how Grandma managed to iron these puffy sleeves. I sluffed my way through that part.
 
 
Each dress had a built-in sash. A little girl couldn't help but look adorable in these fashions!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...