Friday, January 10, 2020

This Little Light of Mine


As I gazed at the darkness out our window lit by an electric candle, I noticed a small sparkle on the porch roof below. I looked again. Did I just imagine it? No, there it was, that gentle twinkle of light on snow crystal. I moved slightly. More glitter appeared. Amazing! The world was dark but for a few small lights in windows, yet the snow shone with gentle brilliance as it caught the little light it could. One small light. Many snow crystals illumined.

That is what we who are in Christ are – small lives lit by the current of God's grace.  We shine ever so slightly in a vast darkness, yet we cause numberless glimmers of hope to spark in those around us. Hope in a pure Light. Hope in a Savior.

Go deeper:
Matthew 5:14-16
Philippians 2:12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...