Monday, April 20, 2020

Memory Lane

A rain storm caught us while visiting our old stomping grounds in Boca Raton. Dad, Mom and I spent a couple happy weeks here in 2007 while Dad went to classes to learn how to operate a new telephone switch board. 


"Our" beach with a symbol of God's promise in the sky.


A protected walk out of the stormy wind.


Hannah looking for shells.


My few finds.


Dune grasses.


Looking at our old "home" across the intracoastal waterway. 


The lift bridge that we used to watch from our living room.

God used this visit down memory lane to re-break my heart for "the least of these." While eating a taco salad picnic supper in the ease of our vehicle, a lonely homeless woman huddled by the public restroom under this bridge. The apple, granola bars, and water Hannah and I brought her seemed a small comfort in her dreary world, yet she thanked us and God as if we had given her much. How I wish I could help her more, yet I left her in the kind and mighty hands of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...