Saturday, August 14, 2021

Pickles


A week or two ago I pulled out Mom's yellowed with age refrigerator pickle recipe with grand plans of converting it into a sugar free treat for the coming months using our overabundant cucumber crop. Alas, my energy levels deserted me, and the recipe was set aside in the corner of the kitchen where way too many recipe cards accumulate. The next day after Mom had thoroughly leafed through her recipe box, I noticed her pouring over bread and butter pickle recipes in a few faithful recipe books. Sheepishly I took the "missing" recipe card from its hiding place and handed it over. Since that day, three giant batches of pickles have been made. We will be happily crunching our way through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...