Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Here

Journal Entry
5.16.16 - Monday


Yesterday I put my Russia 2013 scraps into a book. It was a bitter-sweet time. Sweet to remember that good time. Bitter to be so far from the country and people I love with no possibility of even visiting with this sick body. "Why, Lord?" The ache is deep, and sometimes those two, simple words are all I can ask my Savior.


Yet as I read God's Word I see I am not the first (nor the last, no doubt) to be brought to a different land and different plan than I thought best. Early in his ministry the apostle Paul thought Jerusalem would be the best platform for his testimony for Jesus. After all, those were the people who had known him since he was a child and they, of all people, would see what a difference Jesus made in his life. But God had other plans and sent him to other lands and other people (Acts 22:17-21).


Then there were the Israelites in captivity and exile in Babylon. They wanted to be their own, free nation, but God told them to settle in and work and pray for the welfare of that land. In so doing they themselves would be blessed (Jeremiah 29:4,5,7).


And then there is me. The need seems so much greater and the hearts more open in Russia. But God has anchored Hannah and me here in sickness. He has bound my parents here in caring for Dorothy... and their two, youngest daughters. I know God never makes mistakes. All things work together for good for those who love God (Romans 8:28).


So I join Paul and the ancient Israelites in living where God has placed me. As I obey Him I will see what good He has in store here.


 So will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...