Thursday, October 22, 2020

My Light and My Salvation

I normally prefer natural light for my photography, but this early morning when I am awake with symptoms, I am enjoying the beauty of this decor in golden lamplight from my post on a heating pad. Besides, a light bulb is all the light there is at this time of day.

Speaking of light, there is a Light that illumines the darkest of my nights. Symptoms mixed with brain fog and deep fatigue often lead to terrible anxiety. In those times I often speak these fighting words to remind my heart of the One who fights for me and is victorious:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid... Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident."

- Psalm 27:1, 3 -

How grateful I am to have tucked these words into my memory fifteen years ago. God knew I would need them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...