Saturday, February 12, 2022

A Happy Fake Birthday

 


Today we get to celebrate Maren's birthday (a few days after the actual date). Happy Fake Birthday to the one who...

...never considered me an inconvenient younger sister.

...inspired me through fun games to work hard and joyfully. ("The inspector is coming!")

...was the guinea pig before me in all sorts of old yet new-to-this-era paths - homeschooling, non-traditional post-highschool studies, stay-at-home-daughterhood

...made me her first tutored student in a highschool study of the United States Constitution.

...showed me how to live all for Jesus from a young age.

...challenged me to get out of my natural talents and comfort zone to help lead Christ following girl's discipleship groups.

...was my right hand woman in bakery days.

...tenderly cared for me when my body was fragile, even moving her bed next to mine to be on call.

...brightens our life with her laugh.

...enriches our life with her insights.

...beautifies our life through her life well lived.

P.S. Yes, we had a snowstorm yesterday, as the snow decorated light fixture shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...